Through reading the facts about Michael Kors, you would know some pieces of information that just few people known. Michael David Kors was born on August 9, 1959 is an American fashion designer. Michael Kors sells men’s and women’s ready to wear, accessories, watches, jewellery, footwear, and fragrance. Interestingly, you would know more about the facts about Michael Kors from the explanation below.
Facts 1 : The Personal Life of Michael Kors
Michael Kors was born on August 9, 1959. His was born from Jewish mother and a Swedish descent. Michael married his partner, Lance Le Pere, on August 16, 2011, in Southampton, New York, in The Hamptons.
Facts about Michael Kors 2: The Career of Michael Kors
Michael Kors started and took an interesting to the fashion world when he was very young. As a teen, Michael Kors begun designing clothes and selling them out of his parent’s basement, which he renamed the Iron Butterfly.
Facts 3 : The Early Career of Michael Kors
Michael Kors enrolled to the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Unfortunately, he dropped out from that university after he studied there for nine months. Subsequently, he took a job at boutique called Lothar’s across Bergdorf Goodman on 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan, where Kors started as a sales person and went on to become both designer and visual display head for the store.
Facts 4 : Michael Kors’s Career in 90s
Amazingly, in 1990, the company launched KORS Michael Kors as a licensee.
Facts 5 : Michael Kors Career in 2004
In 2004, Michael Kors line was launched, joining the original Michael Kors Collection label. The MICHAEL Michael Kors line includes women’s handbags and shoes as well as women’s ready-to-wear apparel.
Facts 6 : The Birth Name of Michael Kors
Michael Kors was born as Karl Anderson Jr. His mother re-married to Bill Kors when He was five. His surname was changed to Kors. His first name is also changed so he renamed himself Michael David Kors.
Facts 7 : The Michael Kors Collection
Interestingly, Michael Kors collection is also carried at the brand’s stores in London, Paris, Cannes, Milan, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Seoul.
Among the world top celebrities who have dressed in Michael Kors’s designs are Nicole Kidman, Tiffany Haddish, Reese Witherspoon, Lupita Nyong’o, Olivia Wilde, Dakota Johnson, Blake Lively, Kate Hudson, Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, Kate Middleton, Hillary Clinton, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, Melania Trump, Heidi Clum and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Facts 8 : Some Honours of Michael Kors
- 2016: The World Food Program USA honored Kors with the McGovern Dole Leadership award, presented by Vice President Joe Biden.
- 2015: Named a Global Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nation World Food Programme
Facts 9 : Michael Kors Honors, 2012-2013
- 2012: Honored with the Golden Heart lifetime Achievement Award by God’s Love We Deliver, a non-profit organisation that distributes fresh meals to people living wih HIV/AIDS and other diagnoses, which he has been involved with for over 20 years.
- 2013: Selected for the time 100, the magazine’s annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Facts 10 : Michael Kors’s Honors in 2010
- 2010: Michael Kors selected as the younges recipient ever of the Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award from the Council of Fashion Designer of America (CFDA) and received the Fragrance Foundation’s FIFI Award for Lifetime Achievement.
Let us know what you are feeling after reading this article that reveal about the 10 amazing facts about Michael Kors?